A blog about, well, anything really!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

It is that dreaded day of the year...BLACK FRIDAY! The second largest shopping day of the year (the day before christmas is now the first.) I don't usually like shopping, it just frustrates me, but we need a new set of pots and pans. I had decided I either wanted a cheapo set to last just a year or two (that's about how long non-stick is suppose to last), or I wanted an amazing set that was WAY too expensive. The obvious choice for right now was to pick the cheap set and wait on the good set. I found a really great deal at Linen-N-Things for a decent set of pots and pans (not bottom of the line, but not name brand either,) so decided I'd get up at the butt crack of dawn and see if I could nab a set for $50!


OH MY GOODNESS!!! Talk about crazy! The store opened at 6 am, and by 5:45 am there was a line all the way down the sidewalk to get in. Luckily I brought my ipod, so jumped in line and turned on a little Pottercast to bide the time. When I finally got in, I fought my way to the back of the store where these pots and pans were being displayed, and grabbed a set. Then I back tracked to get in the checkout line, which is already wrapped double around the store. (Thank God for my ipod!) Two and half hours later I have arrived at home with a brand new set of pots and pans.

Eager to wash them and get rid of the old ones, I start pulling them out of the box. I get to the last pot and find, when I put the lid on, that the pot is dented. I call over to the store to find out if they have any extras that I could come and exchange them for, but they are all out...already! The lady tells me that I should just wait and call back in a week or so when the rush has died down and they have gotten a replenishment order in. Grrrr, so now I have an opened box of pots and pans (which I can't use, not get all of them back in the stinking box) sitting around the house waiting to be exchanged. At least they said I could return them!

Tomorrow I will brave the crowds again, but just to hit JoAnn's to see if I can get my mom some scrapbooking stuff for Christmas real cheap. Ugh, the crowds... I hate them, yet, I add to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home