A blog about, well, anything really!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy BELATED Halloween!

I hope everyone had an amazing halloween. Chris arrived home on the evening of the 30th, just in time for some halloween fun. I decided I'd let him sleep in, but not too late because I had lots of things planned for the day. We got up and headed out for a couple errands, one of which included getting a couple pumpkins to carve. After hitting the bank, walgreens, and a couple other places, we headed to a nearby church that was selling pumpkins. We picked out a couple, and they gave us some extra tiny table pumpkins, and then headed home for some lunch and pumpkin carving.

Once we were done carving (or should I say after I was done,) it was time to head out to the special movie I've been dying to see. We made it just in time for the start of a perfectly Halloween movie...The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D!!! OOOOoooooohhhh! :o) It was interesting because this movie has such a cult following, I figured it would be sold out on Halloween. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were very few people in the theater. No matter what, we would have watched this movie (since I own it,) but to see it on the big screen, AND in 3D was really cool.

By the time we got home, it was too late to even hope for any trick-or-treaters, so I just made dinner of the usual halloween fare (ghostly shepards pie, see last years halloween post for a recipe). It was really great to have Chris home, finally, and to share yet another boring old halloween together. One of these days we'll actually dress up and go to a party, but for now, we're pretty satisfied with just spending time together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home