A blog about, well, anything really!

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Bread Woman Commeth

I found the best deal at Bed Bath & Beyond today. I happened to go there to find new bathroom accessories (towels, rugs, etc.) but always enjoy looking around. I especially like checking out the clearance racks, and today was no exception.

There were several things of interest on the clearance rack: a set of colored ceramic mixing bowls (missing only one), a small salad spinner (like for herbs and small salads), a very expensive Cuisinart Mandoline marked down to only $25, but best of all was a Cuisinart CBK-200 bread maker!

This bad boy retails for $130, but was marked down to $65 because it was a display model (so no box) and was missing the instruction manual (which you can get online or by calling the company.) And then on top of it, I had one of those 20% off coupons that got it down to $55 out the door!!!

Now, I wasn't exactly in the market for a bread maker, but with it being such a good price I couldn't refuse. It makes all your standard breads, pizza doughs, quick breads, etc., but also jams (don't ask me how, I'll find that out soon enough.) I have to find a place to keep it, but I think that it'll fit nicely in the slot that the old fryer sits, which I'm getting rid of...too big and we don't use it often enough (thank goodness.)

So, my big plan is to make my inagural bread this weekend... But I can't decide between Pumpkin Walnut Cranberry and Banana Bread. Who knows, maybe I'll make both. I have all but one ingredient for both, so either way I'm going to have to hit the grocery store.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home