A blog about, well, anything really!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionaire

Well it's that time again, the start of another SP round. I am sorry to say that I was VERY unhappy at how the last one turned out for me, but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles some time. I also feel I kinda owe an explanation to my SP as to why I haven't posted in awhile....things have been kinda crappy. Anyway, I hope to be good and try and post at least once every two weeks if not once a week. So Happy New Year! And I can't wait to get to know you, you sound cool and exciting already!!! :o)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Since I’ve only been knitting for a short time, I have thus far been a yarn snob. I have only knitted with 100% cotton, baby alpaca, and some merino wool. Of those three, I preferred the baby alpaca, however, I am open to expanding my yarn snobbery.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No to both. Though I might not mind learning to crochet once I’ve gotten the hang of this knitting thing.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needlemaster, so they all fit in their little case they came in. However, my one pair of straight needles just sits in the bottom of my knitting basket.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
About 5 months, and probably somewhere in the beginner to intermediate range.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon list, but it needs to be update from Christmas.

6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Well, I tend to like cleaner scents like Victoria Secret’s Love Spell, Pear Glace, and just about anything that smells nice (vanilla, cinnamon, cucumber melon, linen, etc.) So I guess I don’t really have a FAVORITE.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, especially for good dark chocolate and gummy things.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Cooking (yes I consider it a craft and I often "do-it" myself), quilting, cross-stitch, and occasional scrapbooking.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3’s?
I have very eclectic taste (Disney, musicals, country, classical, alternative, Christian rock, pop/hip hop, etc.) Not really into rap though. And yes, I have and iPod mini.

10. What’s your favorite color? Or—do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Blues typically, but depending on what it’s around and used for, just about anything.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m in a long term relationship and living together with the love of my life, Chris. Only fish for pets, but I want a puppy or kitty someday. (I had a great picture but it doesn't seem to want to load. BOOOO!!)

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, and mittens when its cold enough, but not really into ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Since I’ve only been knitting for like 5 months and have only really knitted with 3 kinds of yarn, so far I like baby alpaca. However, I am looking forward to expanding my yarn palette (got any yarn recommendations?)

14. What other fibers do you absolutely “not” like?
I’m not really a huge fan of fun fur or similar novelty yarns. I suppose they’d be kind of cool for an embellishment now and then, but otherwise not really. After perusing the isles of JoAnn’s and Michael’s, I’ve found that I don’t like cheap blends much either. (Mind you, I’ve only used 3 kinds of yarn, so I have limited exposure to many yarns.)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsessions?
Finding a local Stitch’n’Bitch to be a part of, working on my sisters Christmas present (which I gave to her, but was totally the wrong size, therefored, I must frog it), reading Crazy Aunt Purl’s blog, learning to felt, and finding cool new knitting projects that I can make and give to friends (basically trying to learn everything I can about knitting.)

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don’t really have a favorite yet. However, I’m looking forward to learning to knit hats, gloves/mittens, socks, and sweaters.

17. What are you knitting right now?
That ill-fitting present for my little sister, it's a hat.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure, if they’re quality and well thought out. (I love when someone puts time into something especially for mwa.)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
so far I think I like circs for the most part. Smaller stuff its good on the straights.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I started on the cheapest plastic pair you could ever imagine and they were ok, until I found the more sophisticated bamboo. After working with the bamboo for awhile I found that my alpaca didn’t slide very well on them so I purchased a pair of aluminum. It seems to work better, but I have to wonder if the Brittany or Lantern Moon needles would be any better. Then I graduated to a Needlemaster set, and because I'm cheap, that's what i've stuck with. So, I guess so far I like the aluminum best (the colorful Boyes with the silver flat cap thingy on the end are so pretty in a cup.)

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, wish I had a yarn winder sometimes, but I do ok without.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from a learn to knit kit I got at Target.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitting: a couple weeks based on the time I haven't worked on it... but I started it in October.
Quilting: almost a year.

24. What's your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don’t really have an all time favorite, but I’m rather partial to old school pooh and friens like in the Peter Ellenshaw prints (my all time favorite is “Autumn Leaves”)

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I suppose Christmas since I get to see my family, but I much prefer the season of Fall for its multitude of colors and brisk winds.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really, but I’m always up for starting a yarn stash.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, but I’ve been contemplating getting Knit1, it looks pretty cool.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Stitch’n’Bitch, and I just found these and love them. Gigi and Bear.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’m going to learn to felt in the next couple months if it kills me! :o)

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, but I’d sure like to learn. I’m not real sure what it means by measurements, but I’m a size 8/8.5 most of the time. I like soft sockies, and saw a pattern for silk or cashmere ones that look yummy!

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 18th

1 Comments:

Blogger Ditzy Cadet said...

no worries, SP Life happens more than I can tell you.
Email me, cause I had a crash and lost your email.
Ditz

1/19/2006 6:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home