A blog about, well, anything really!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Since my family was here for the holidays, I thought I’d throw a little party for new years. The big plan was to have a four course fondue meal with movies and billiards in between courses. Once we’d planned the courses, shopped and gathered all the goodies, Kacie and I started to prepare what food we could in advance. My parents were suppose to show up around 5 pm, but called and said they were ready...AND were wondering if the Hall’s could come too. While Chris added two extra leafs to the table, Kacie and I set the table, and got the salad course ready. The way we planned it was to have a course, then let everyone go in the living room to watch part of a movie while the next course was being prepared. It worked out well, but was a VERY long evening.

My parents and the Hall’s arrived around 7 pm with extra chairs in hand (which was fortunate since we would have had to stretch to get just my family on chairs.) We started with a wedge salad, and then moved on to a cheese course after that. We made a traditional Swiss and a spicy curry cheese to dip the assorted breads, and vegetables offered. Then we sent everyone to watch a little bit of Bewitched while Kacie and I cleaned up and prepared the meat course with dipping sauces. We used all sorts of meats; thai chicken, plain chicken, teriyaki steak, plain steak, shrimp, salmon, turkey sausage, etc. Then, again, we sent everyone to finish the movie while we prepared the dark chocolate dessert fondue. Much wine and laughter was had by all, and the dessert fondue with cookies, cakes, and fruits received rave reviews. I wish I had taken some pictures, but as you might imagine, it was kind of a busy night for me. But just try and imagine seven people in a small apartment living room. It was a wonderful evening and we definitely had enough food for everyone and some more. We finish around 11:30 pm, which was perfect for watching the ball drop. This was the first time that I had used my fondue set at home, and certainly won’t be the last. I would love to do something for Valentine’s Day, but with Chris in Torino, would probably be a waste by myself.

Happy New Year! And good luck with all your new year’s resolutions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyndra you are a goose, haha i think you should delete me from all pics. HAHA but I would love to come out on thanksgiving because it will be my twenty oneer heheehehe. and you get to take me out and take care of me. Well

3/31/2006 9:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home