A blog about, well, anything really!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Curtain Rods, Curtains, and Screws, OH MY!

So it snowed last night. But of course, we already had a holiday, so its not like we got any extra cancellations. I spent most of the morning typing up a program that just HAD to be done by Tuesday. But I did finish in time to go on a quest for drapery and pick up a few things at JoAnn's with my coupons.

I was happy to find that the yarn I want to include in my secret pals prezzie was available, AND I could use the coupons for it. While I was there, I picked out a lovely curtain rod that matched the rest of the furniture in my room, and talked with a lady about the pro's and con's of making curtains versus buying them. I decided to grab a swatch of a fabric I thought might work and headed to the checkout line. I thought I better look at some pre-made curtains before I go through all the trouble of making them, so I headed across the parking lot to Target.

Target was great, I found another curtain rod AND curetains for Chris' room, and checked the sale rack for my curtains. I found some that I liked, but they were full length as apposed to short little windows like I have. But they were such a good deal (and my room is like in kinda weird colors for curtains) that I couldn't pass it up. I figured I could cut them down and hem them on my own. I got home and immediately put up the curtain rod, which took two tries. (I should have gotten the longer rods.) I also hung the curtains in two ways... 1) folded double so it lays straight on the rod, 2) single layered and bunched. The only problem is I don't know which I like best.... Anyone got any recommendations before I hem them??

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Hey, i think you should do the bunched. i think the flat will look a little too flat when all the way across the room, besides, they should be bunched... that is what curtains do!

10/18/2005 8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home