A blog about, well, anything really!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Disposal Date

The day began bright as ever with me waking up at 6 AM! So, what did I do to kill time? Sit around and read back archives of Crazy Aunt Purl because she has struck me as quite possibly the most witty person I know...or don't know per say. She also has the best patience for life (something I often lack.)

So, 9:30am roles around and we (the boy and I) head to Red Rocks Canyon to do a little AM rock hopping on the bikes. (Sorry no pictures this time cuz I'm stupid and didn't remember the camer....GREAT view though!)

10 million hikers/runners and 1 wrong trail later we are on our way home to shower up and see if the maintnence man showed up to fix the disposal. Too bad for us he hadn't. (It has been 4 days folks, 4 DAYS!!! This means rotting food sitting in the stanking disposal on which the reset button does not work.) (Also no picture, but trust me you don't want to see that.) To our dismay, we called the front office to inquire about our Saturday disposal date, and the nice ladies said that "anyone coming in on a Saturday is on their own time. We can't guarantee they'll actually come." With great stinking sadness we double checked that the maintnence order was in for next week and resigned to "toughing it out". Within mere moments of hanging up, the maintnence man knocked on the door. After some idle chit chat, a huge crowbar stuck down the drain and much fidgeting with the switch, the dude said he'd bring us a new one on Monday.

At least he got it to work long enough for the nastiness to be washed away. (Aaaahhhh! Febreeze fresh!)

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing boring, but necessary errands. Chris got his hairs cut so they would be properly grown out for his friends wedding next weekend, and we got our cell phones put on one account to save a little dough. (And I do mean a little... especially after we added insurance on both phones!)

Football ensued while I layed out the Not-So-Mystery Quilt to start putting this painful pieces of adventure together. (Which is a whole story in itself.) Needless to say I was up till 11 pm working on the stupid thing and all I'd gotten done was phase 1 of ironing...ugh! Anyway, will attack again on Sunday.

Oh yeah! And, I managed to get one more section knitted on Kacie's Christmas Present while Chris was getting his hairs cut. (Which I would love to post picts, but, well she might be watching... *peeks around the corner, looks under couch, in closet, satisfied no one is there* ...and find out what it is and ruin CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home