A blog about, well, anything really!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Jury Duty

Well, I got summoned for jury duty today....in OREGON.

I promptly filled out the excuse form and faxed it back to the clerk...

"I am asking for an excuse of duty because I live in Colorado for school and training. It would cause undue hardship for me to purchase a plane ticket to come home for an undisclosed amount of time to complete jury duty. I do not know when or if I would be coming home for any of the school breaks. Thank you for you consideration."

I've already been called and excused once from home. In fact, Colorado even requested my presence for jury duty at one point this last winter. Now this little loop hole in the Colorado system allows for non-residents to be called for duty as long as they've paid taxes in Colorado. Talk about lame. What a great way to piss people off, especially if they get put on standby (like I did) and not even called in. I was hoping for some really cool, long, criminal trial. Where a nifty CSI agent was gonna come in and wrap up the whole case right before our very eyes with cutting edge technology...but alas, I was not called. I suppose I will have to wait for another call from Uncle Sam (or whoever Uncle Colorado is... General Palmer maybe?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home