A blog about, well, anything really!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Tailor Troubles

Last weekend the team leader for a trip I'm going on next weekend accompanied me to the mall to help pick out team uniforms. On the shopping list were pants, shorts, and a dress shirt. Now, keep in mind that we're shopping for two guys and two girls (all of varying sizes.) The objective was to find a pair of dressy khaki pants to wear with a dressy button up shirt (to be embroidered with the team logo) to a fancy-shmancy party on Friday night. Then, a pair of khaki shorts and a polo to wear on the event day. All of which need to look similar if not alike. (We're talking girls and guys here folks, with matching outfits.)

It is probably apparent to you, and me, right off the bad that we will be hard pressed to find anything truly "matching" for guys and girls that still look like they fit their recipient. Needless to say we found pants and shorts at good ol' Old Navy that fit the bill pretty well. A pleated khaki pant and short for the guys was perfect. Then we found a cute pair of khaki slacks (with a ribbon belt that will have to go since its green *ick*) and a pair of khaki bermuda shorts. Unfortunately, the bermuda shorts go past my knees. So obviously they will need to be hemmed.

Finally, we found white wrinkle resistant long sleeve button down shirts for the guys, and a white wrinkle resistant 3/4 length sleeve for the girls at Eddie Bauer. After trying on several samples, we came to the conclusion that a medium (though it fit properly around my tummy,) did not fit around my bust line as one might want if they were intending to reach for, well, anything. And, that the large, though fitting well around the bust, did not fit anywhere else. The nice sales lady suggested that we order a petite large because it would be like a half size between and slightly shorter. So what do we do? We believe this lady and order them since they had no girls sizes on hand.

The shirt arrive yesterday and I tried it on... Let me just say the nice lady, though well intended, was VERY wrong! So now I have this huge shirt that needs to be tailored to fit me because its too late to order another. :o(

I have just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find a tailor that a) speaks english well enough for me to understand, b) understands the problem and how I want it solved without making me look like I sewed this thing up. Again, I wind up empty handed. So now I have a call in to a friend who I know does tailoring, just not how well. *Note to self: Maybe she can help me translate these "easy to follow" apron sewing instructions to common english too!*

All in all, this whole mini trip is stressing me out a bit. I'd much rather stay home and train...or just sleep in. (More on that whole training thing later.)

In other news, today we unloaded targets at the range. An entire semi, 24 palates of targets only took from 8am to 1pm to load!!!! If the juniors hadn't stopped helping we could have been done in like 3 hours. Oh well, we got it done and at least we had help for this load. Apparently another semi is coming in 10 days, when no one else is here. Grrr! On the brighter side of things, I got to drive a HUGE fork lift. If I can get a picture next time I'll be sure to post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home