A blog about, well, anything really!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Golf Lesson #4 & 5

At 9:00 am I had an interview with a very cool athlete training company. I think the interview went well, and look forward to hearing from them at the beginning of next week. The odd thing was, I walked in and found out I actually knew someone that worked there. (Last I had heard, she was working for a cell phone company.) Anyway, it made me feel a little more at ease during the interview. I really liked the atmosphere and size of the office (around 40 peeps.) It's in a old warehouse that's been gutted and transformed into this cool office space. The only down side is that they're looking for part time help and only paying $7.50-$8 an hour. :o( Wish it were a little more, but for this opportunity I might be able to stick it out until they decide to go full time. (Which I'm told is a possibility after the first of the year.)

After the interview, I spent the majority of the day at the shooting range (waiting for coach to, well, coach), before it was time to head to the golf course for my last class. The rest of our group would be meeting up on Friday, but since I had the class from hell yesterday and I will be leaving town tomorrow, it is my last class.

Thoroughly excited and armed with my camera, I walked down to the driving range to meet up with everyone. Ramone gave more instruction in the first 2 seconds of speaking than BJ did the entire class yesterday! We worked on 5 irons for most of the class, and I got to play with the woods at the end. With some gentle instruction, maybe even a little manipulation, and a few laughs, we made it through the class with great success. Everyone was sad that it was my last day, but promised they'd all set up a time to golf a round later and call me.

The learning, laughs, and company were well worth the $25 spent on this class. It just goes to show, you never can tell who you might meet and how much fun you could have until you try it.

Oh and in a side note, I took a leaf outta Crazy Aunt Purls book and started me up a budget. I don't think it will fully start until end of october, so I have an accurate estimate of budgetary items, but I put in some preliminary numbers for the time being.

And DAMN THE INTERNET GODS!!!! Because they certainly don't want anything to go right at work this week.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I say Hi!! I don't see your questionaire up for Secret Pal 6....:( Just So You know I am your secret Pal

9/28/2005 11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home