A blog about, well, anything really!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Knitters With Altitude -- Week 2


I HEART MY KNIT GROUP!!!

They’re so much fun, and soooo smart! It was great to see everyone again, and meet a few new people. We met up at Pikes Perk on Academy and Vickers, which was great since it’s near my home. I had never been there before, but it was nice. They had super comfy couches and lots of great food and drinks.

Anti-Kathy finished her fingerless gloves (a.k.a. jazz hands) while we were sitting there. She decided to add a few accent lines to help divide the colors, and they turned out great! (Not sure if you can see, but she added the one line of green and yellow next to the middle blocks. She just sewed over the top in a knitting pattern when she had finished.)

One member of the group I hadn't met showed up, MJ, and brought her hubby! He is, apparently, the designated “Eye-Candy” of the group. Heheheheh! Though he didn’t knit, he was very quiet sitting off on a table all his own. MJ was working on this very pretty seed stitched swatch looking thing. She didn’t know what she wanted to make yet, but she was contemplating the idea of making a scarf. (Aaargh! I couldn’t do seed stitch for that long!) Anyway, she was working with the prettiest yarn. She said she was using three really fine yarns to help enhance each of three yarns qualities. Needless to say, it was pretty and I can’t wait to see what she makes. [Note: MJ - No disrespect meant, just poor memory. As you can tell, I have fixed my mistakes...Sorry!]

Christie brought her Pastaza bag that she had finished last week at knit group, and felted during the week. It turned out awesome, and I was amazed at how much it had shrunk. The bag was HUUUUUGGGEEE last week and now it’s, like, the perfect size! Kathy does a great job of modeling the bag in the traditional Knit Group Hat Bag style.

After everyone left, Christie, Kathy, and I stuck around to have lunch (which by the way, they have THE BEST egg salad sandwich and potato salad I’ve EVER had at a restaurant. Really, it was that good. And Christie and Kathy had a grilled 3 cheese sandwich and fruit bowls that were to die for as well.) Anyway, Christie had brought a game to show Kathy, so we decided to put away the knitting and give it a shot.


The game is called Guillotine, and it was so fun! It’s a card game set during the French Revolution where the object is to collect as many point (and thereby heads) as you send nobles to the guillotine. It was so much fun that I’m planning on buying it! Basically there are two decks, nobles and action cards. Everyone is given 6 action cards, and 12 nobles are laid out in a line. Play begins with a person playing an action card (following the directions – i.e. moving nobles in line, removing nobles, adding nobles, taking other players hands, etc.) then collecting the noble at the front of the line, and finally taking another action card. The game continues until the 12 nobles are gone, then 12 more are played through two times and the game is over. Points are tallied and the highest score wins! It was great fun and easy to pick up after a game or two. I can’t wait to order my copy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyndra,
I don't mean to be rude, but I am not a "new" person in the group. I was out of town for 2 weeks. and my husband is not the "meat popsicle" that is Bryan. Del was nicknamed "eye candy" by Felicia.

MJ

11/08/2005 9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home