A blog about, well, anything really!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Knitters With Altitude

Well, I FINALLY made it to knit group! Due to one thing or another, it only took me over a month to make it. We met up at a coffee house in Falcon called The Summit House. It was small and not very well lit, but the staff was friendly and they didn’t mind the noise. (NOISE? At knit group? NO WAY!)

There were six of us when it was all said and done… and an infinite amount of personality to match. In fact, even a BOY showed up! It was nice to finally meet the people that I had been chatting with for the last month on the message boards. Crazy peeps I tell you…CRAZY PEEPS!!!

We all shared our current projects, some finished projects, and yarn aspirations. One of the gals had finished a felted bag and passed it around for everyone to see. The only problem with the bag seemed to be most people wanted to treat it like a hat. But hey, we color outside the lines in knit group… or, uh, knit outside the pattern maybe? Oh yah and we knit and dogged on the Knit Picks catalog a little. There was discussion of a date change for the upcoming Yarn Crawl scheduled for November 5. I can’t wait to go see MORE yarn shops… and with people to “get” this obsession we call knitting. Which brings me to a new realization: I can’t knit for long. This saddens me, but it looks like I have some how already hurt myself…PRE-knitting. Anyway, so slow is the way to go…at least for me.

All in all, it was a good time and I look forward to meeting up with them again… Perhaps even next weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home