A blog about, well, anything really!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hockey

Friday and Saturday night were AWESOME! Chris and I had tickets to the CC-Wisconsin hockey game for both nights. Usually we sit up in the "almost-nosebleed" section, but my uncle gave us tickets and he's like 6 rows up from the ice. It was great. Friday proved to be a close game between to two top rated teams. We stuffed ourselves silly with nasty greasy game food, and enjoyed an evening out. Too bad I forgot my camera! I could have taken some GREAT shots.

Because of how close the game was on Friday, we expected the Saturday game to be even better. Boy were we wrong! Within the first 2 minutes a major penalty was called leaving CC short handed for 5 whole minutes. Wisconsin took advantage of this by scoring 4 goals right off the bat! It was a miserable game for CC ending 9-1 Wisconsin. The newspaper said that its the worst game they've had at home since 1993! I imagine it'll make the playoff games even better though.

In the mean time, we got great seats again since no one wanted to say and watch after the first period and since the bronco's game was on. (yuck!) So we again sat with my uncle...but, I did remember the camer. I'll hafta go get more batteries before I post pictures though. (So look for late additions to this post sometime next week maybe.) I tried to choose better "game" food though by just getting a soda and a bag of peanuts. Which turned out to be a good choice to last most of the game (they take a lot of work to get out of the shell you know.)

So now it's Sunday and I leave tomorrow for my training trip to TX. I'm looking forward to it, but also a little apprehensive since I really haven't trained much. (Considering I just got access to the range on Wednesday its no surprise really!) but anyway, I'm rooming with Brandie, so we should have a good time at least. It'll probably be another week or so before I get a chance to post, so take care and talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home