A blog about, well, anything really!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

4 Continents Figure Skating Championships

Last week I fell into an interesting temporary job. ABC was covering the Four Continents Figure Skating Championship, and I was asked to be a runner for one of their Production Managers. At about 9 pm on Sunday night, I was called by a friend of a friend to see if I would be able to do this job for the week. Basically, it consisted of helping run errands, setting up, tearing down, and making sure everyone actually producing/taping had everything they needed (cough drops, water, munchies, tape, etc.) I even spent a few hours on two days giving tours to Garden of the Gods, Glen Eerie, and to my favorite little breakfast joint, The Omelet Parlor. The week was exciting with all the new people and things to learn, but was also very exhausting. I mostly worked with a handful of people, but made friends all over. The days were long, starting at 8:30 am and going till midnight at least. I learned a lot about figure skating and can now pick out certain elements and rate them. It will be exciting to watch figure skating at the Olympics in a few days and compare what I’ve seen in person. I had a really great time and look forward to the opportunity to work with some of these people again. So there you have it, what I’ve been up to the last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home