A blog about, well, anything really!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Kerrville Training Camp

This week has been very good for my training. Though I didn’t shoot all that well, I made some changes with my gun (moved the comb), and started to work on my training plan in earnest. It’s been really weird, but I have moments of intense inspiration and drive, but don’t really know how to translate that into a constant influence. Needless to say, it was very helpful to work on the training plans in a group, bounce ideas off one another, and just train together for once without a competition looming a few days off. We spent most mornings in a classroom talking about training, mental prep, and necessary documentation and paperwork for travel and eligibility. The rest of the day was spent shooting. Then, of course, we went home to eat, hang out, and work out if desired.

The range in Kerrville, though new, is well on its way to being a VERY nice range. They had the four bunkers poured and placed, but only two were functional at the time. The range itself is located about five miles away from the main town on top of a hill. It made for a nice run home. I met with the owner and he has incredible drive to complete it with the athlete in mind. I look forward to seeing its completion near the Spring Selection match. It’s really too bad that I forgot to take pictures, but if I can get some from one of the other girls at the camp, I will repost this entry. Anyway, this camp was a great way to kick start training for the year. I’m excited and energized for the upcoming season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home