A blog about, well, anything really!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Secret Pal 9 are you out there?

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural stuff. I hate the acrylic fake stuff like red heart and the fun fur and stuff.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Well, I have one of the circular needle sets, so it comes in this little folder zip up thing. All the other needles (all of one pair) just sorta sit in the basket. Oh, and don’t really have any crochet hooks.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for about a year now, off and on. It’s really been off lately, but I’m hoping things will settle down a little and I can start up again. I taught myself with a basic Target Learn to Knit Kit, and then explored the internet and knit groups from there. I’d say that I’m still in beginner land, but maybe on the upper end of it.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, an amazon list. (HERE)

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like the Butter Cream & Mint frangrance found at Walmart in their candles section…

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I love dark chocolate! And gummy candies, like sour patch kids, gummy worms, etc.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I quilt, sew, scrapbook, cook, and many more things I’d like to try…

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have very eclectic taste (Disney, musicals, country, classical, alternative, Christian rock, pop/hip hop, etc.) Not really into rap though. And yes, I have and iPod mini.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I’m partial to blues and aqua greens, fall colors, and lately (I can’t believe I’m admitting this…) pink. lol

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me and my boyfriend…we have a fishy named Killer and a frog named Robin. Want an orange striped kitty so I can name him Cheddar, but probably won’t happen cuz we live in an apartment and I’m allergic.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, and mittens when its cold enough, but never really ponchos. I could live without those.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Well, right now I’m excited about knitting up a bag I want to felt, but I also want to learn to do socks! They look like fun! Otherwise I haven’t enough experience to really have a favorite.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Working on a bag to felt, and frogging a hat soon to remake since it turned out the wrong size.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, it shows heart felt consideration.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Um, I think I like straights but I also like my circs… so uh no favorite really? I like Lantern Moon needles (I don’t have any yet, but I borrowed some and they were so pretty!)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No and no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Lol a year!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving or Christmas, such beautiful, rich colors! Oh yeah and the foooooodddd!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really, I should find something though huh?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want the pattern from knit picks for the Telemark Ski Sweater (oooh soooo pretty), Stitch-N-Bitch, delicious yarns that are so far unbeknownst to me, and sock books, but fun ones, not boring.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Sock making!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Um not yet (see above) and I’m never sure on this question… like standard shoe size? 8.5-9, but if its actual MEASUREMENTS, I’m not real sure how to take them… so uh ask?!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 18th!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i am out here. reading you questionnaire and printing off a hard copy of your answers for when i go shopping for you.
x
your secret sender

10/12/2006 12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home