A blog about, well, anything really!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

In Loving Memory...


Today I woke to find my poor frog Robin dead! I found this wonderfully tiny frog at the shooting range one day this summer, and have been keeping it in a froggy habitat ever since. Robin had recently graduated from flightless flies to crickets for dinner, but will never again know the joy of hopping along to catch her food. She was a quiet little frog, that never gave me much trouble. She was even getting the hang of feeding time. (I'd put my hand in, she'd hop on, I'd put her in the cricket box, she'd eat some yummy crickets, I'd pick her up and put her back in her cage.) Unfortunately, it was this ritual and my stupid forgetfulness that brought about her untimely death. Last night, like every Friday night, I put her in the cricket box to have a bite. Problem is, I forgot that she was in there and didn't put her back into her cage with the water. My poor dear little Robin died of dehydration sometime last night and its all MY FAULT! This makes me so sad because it was totally unnecessary.

Robin, you will be missed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home