A blog about, well, anything really!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had an amazing night ringing in the New Year. Chris and I spent most of the afternoon and evening playing a number of board games that we purchased with our Christmas gift cards. We also went out for sushi at one of our favorite sushi joints for an added treat.

I spent most of the 31st and the morning of the 1st working on a new knitting project. I was bored hanging around the house so I decided I would find something to knit away the boredom. I had some yarn in my stash that was originally picked out for felting a bag, but found out that it wouldn’t felt. So instead, I looked around for a quick/small project to occupy my time. After looking through hundreds of hats, I decided on Knitty’s Astrodome pattern. Having never done Fair Isle before, I thought something small like this would be great to learn on. I didn’t have the appropriate size yarn in my stash to make this hat, so I had to use the smaller needles recommended for the yarn I was using. I figured it wouldn’t be too big of a deal since the finished hat would have been too big for my tiny head.

It turned out great, but a little small. I think I might frog it and try again with one size smaller needles and adding an extra pattern repeat and an extra row of the stars. Since it didn’t take too long to make, I don’t feel too bad about trying again! It was a fun pattern and I had great colors to work with. When I finally get the hat the right size, I think I’ll make the nifty scarf to go with it! Happy Knitting in 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home