A blog about, well, anything really!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday I flew home to Oregon to spend some time with my family before heading up to Spokane, WA. In light of being unable to make it home for Christmas, I was a little nervous that we were might get snow in Colorado earlier than predicted. Well, I made it...in one peice.

Chris and I both packed up yesterday and headed out at the same time. In fact, our flights were only like 10 minutes apart. This was nice because we didn't have to make special arrangements to get to the airport, and we got to hang out longer before we left. He is off to Italy for the Winter World Univeristy Games until the 29th, then will head on to the Netherlands and to Hungary for a couple weeks, returning on February 12th. I got really lucky and will be keeping myself busy by coming home until the 18th, then heading to Spokane to work the National Ice Skating Championships, then back to Colorado on the 30th. I'll have a couple days off then will be working the Four Continents Figure Skating Championship in the Springs for a week. So I shouldn't get too bored waiting for Chris to come home.

The flights were uneventful, which in this day an age is to say something. Dad and I went to have some lunch at Fins (a great old fashioned burger diner) then dropped by to see mom at work. Earlier in the day Grandma had gotten a call from the bank saying that she had overdrawn her checking account by $100. So, Dad asked me to take Grandma to the bank to sort things out. It turns out that Grandma had a Phisher call her and try to steal money from her, but because she can't hear so well, she said she'd just have to check with the bank and didn't give any personal info...THANK THE LORD! It was really disturbing to see that Grandma is getting to forgettful, but I guess that's to be expected.

Today I don't have much planned, a Dr. appoint ment in the morning then will being going to make lunch for Grandma (yummy turkey chili). Tomorrow Dad and I are driving up to Moscow, ID to watch Kacie's swim meet. I have brought along some cheapo yarn from JoAnns to make a cable beany and scarf for Kacie. This will be the first time that I've done cabling, so I'm kind of excited. If I get it done, I'll post pictures. But for now, I should go pick up things for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home